New club officers have been elected.
Congratulations to our new President, Peggy Stroncek, VP of Membership Charlie Geis, VP of Programs Ransford Amoo, and re-elected to VP of Communications Andy McCann. They join VP of Finance Laura Barnard, VP of Programs Scot Chen, and VP of Special Projects Joi Grieg, to serve as your chapter leadership. There is an open spot remaining, for VP of Education, which will be appointed by the new President in the coming weeks, and subsequently approved by the new Board.
Thanks to outgoing Board members Eugene Egry and Kassa Seyoum. We appreciate their many years of service and dedication.
The PMI Montgomery County, MD Chapter provides a forum for professional project managers to promote the principles of the Project Management Institute through networking with other project managers, sharing project experiences, providing and receiving training, and supporting project management professionals in their certification efforts. The intent is to provide this forum in a place that is convenient to those that either live or work in Montgomery County, Maryland.
1. Advance the mission and objectives of the Project Management Institute within the Montgomery County, Maryland, area.
2. Develop a growing and committed membership of local professional project managers through a recruiting plan that seeks out project managers who are not already affiliated with other PMI chapters.
3. Promote professional project management principles and techniques with local businesses, universities, and professional organizations.
4. Support and enhance project management professionalism by developing and providing quality programs based on local project needs.
5. Create and deliver an educational program that strengthens local professional project manager's skills and supports the Project Management Institute Professional Certification Program.