Welcome to 2014
Welcome to 2014, and welcome to the newest member of our Board of Directors.
Jennifer Pohlhaus has been appointed to fill the vacancy left by the election of Peggy Stroncek as President.
Jennifer will finish the 2nd year of the current term, and that position will be one of four that will be open for general election at the end of this year. Please congratulate Jennifer when you see her at the next dinner meeting in February or at the free training she's already planning for later this Spring!
If you'd like to become more involved in our chapter, don't hesitate to speak up, there are many ways to help in such a dynamic and growing organization!
The PMI Montgomery County, MD Chapter provides a forum for professional project managers to promote the principles of the Project Management Institute through networking with other project managers, sharing project experiences, providing and receiving training, and supporting project management professionals in their certification efforts. The intent is to provide this forum in a place that is convenient to those that either live or work in Montgomery County, Maryland.
1. Advance the mission and objectives of the Project Management Institute within the Montgomery County, Maryland, area.
2. Develop a growing and committed membership of local professional project managers through a recruiting plan that seeks out project managers who are not already affiliated with other PMI chapters.
3. Promote professional project management principles and techniques with local businesses, universities, and professional organizations.
4. Support and enhance project management professionalism by developing and providing quality programs based on local project needs.
5. Create and deliver an educational program that strengthens local professional project manager's skills and supports the Project Management Institute Professional Certification Program.